The Driving Radio Show is an online radio show (podcast) dedicated to the thrill of carriage driving. Wendy and Glenn take an entertaining look at it all from competitive driving to the pastime of recreational driving.
Meet the host:
Check out a few episodes below!
- Driving: Boomer and Sooner, Martins and Cushings for Oct 7, 2021by Horse Radio Network on October 7, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Driving: We learn all about Boomer and Sooner, the University of Oklahoma Conestoga Wagon pulling mascots. Charlie Poppe tells us all about Martin's Carriage Auction 50th Anniversary, he has been going since the first one. Plus, Keady and Wendy talk showing and Wendy talk's Cushing's […]
- Driving Revisit: It's All Wendy for Sept 2, 2021by Horse Radio Network on September 2, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Revisit: I know we have many new listeners and thought you should hear this episode from five years ago. It's all about Wendy this week as Glenn puts Wendy on the hot seat to tell her origin story. Listen in... Horses in the Morning Episode 2759 - Show Notes and Links: Show Host: Glenn the […]
- Driving: The Royal Four, Wagons with History and Preparing to Age for June 3, 2021 by Kemin Equineby Horse Radio Network on June 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Film director Tony Searle previews the re-release of his documentary "The Royal 4 in Hand" following Prince Philip in the early days of Combined Driving, Kathleen Haak from the Carriage Association of America talks to World Champion Mule Driver, Bill Neel about the wagons he's bringing to the CAA […]
- Driving: Harness Horse Youth, the First Brownies and Florida Horse Park Upgrades for May 6, 2021 by Horsewareby Horse Radio Network on May 6, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Ellen Taylor, Executive Director of the Harness Horse Youth Foundation, shares some great opportunities for kids and Geir Kanstad tells us how he is leading the charge to renovate the marathon course at the Florida Horse Park. Plus Kathleen Haak from the Carriage Association of America has some […]
- Aiken Pleasure Show, Driving Pairs and the The A to Z of Carriages for April 1, 2021by Horse Radio Network on April 1, 2021 at 6:36 pm
Driving Fun in the Carolinas! Katy Rhinehart from the Aiken Driving Club previews their inaugural pleasure show, and also in Aiken, the ADS is hosting a course designer clinic with FEI course designer Richard Nicole. Keady Cadwell of Tremont Farm continues her series on driving pairs & Kathleen […]
- Driving: Kids Driving, Handsome Dukes and Driving Llamas and Pairs for Feb 4, 2021by Horse Radio Network on March 4, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Get your kids driving! Welsh pony breeders Paul & Cheryl Maye started little Ashton driving pairs at an early age. Now at 6, he's driving a single at CDEs! Kathleen Haak talks D'Orsay carriages and how about the annual Llama Conference. Plus, Keady Cadwell, of Tremont Farm gets us started with […]
- Queen Liliuokalani's Carriage, Dutch Harness Horse 101 and Martin's 50th for Feb 4, 2021 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on February 4, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Driving History Day....Queen Liliuokalani's Carriages and the development of the modern Dutch Harness Horse. Kathleen Haak & Gary Grisham, from the Hawaii Driving Club tell us about the royal carriages of Hawaii. Barry Dickinson shares the history of the Dutch Harness Horses as he actually […]
- Driving Revisit: What to Wear, Latest from ADS, Foal Diarrhea and Driving Cones for Jan 7, 2021 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on January 7, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Revisit Driving Episode: We chat with American Driving Society President and Dartmoor pony driver Dan Rosenthal, on Carriages 101, Kathleen Haak helps us get ready for the pleasure show season, our TCVM topic is about foal diarrhea and Keady Cadwell helps us drive cones like a girl....NO BALLS! […]
- Driving Episode: Sleighing into Winter, Spinal Manipulation & Acupuncture for Dec. 3, 2020 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on December 3, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Winter is here that means sleighs & sleigh bells! Dr. Susan Orosz joins us to share her favorite chimes & Kathleen Haak reviews the ways people kept warm while remaining fashionable. Dr. William King, director of R & D at Pro-stride shares his insights about the power of regenerative […]
- Meghan Benge Exceling in Multiple Disciplines, ADS Annual Meeting Goes Virtual, Carriage Driving Trivia for Nov 5, 2020 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on November 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Driving Episode: Rock star Para-Driver Meghan Benge & her ponies take on the para-dressage championships, Carriage trivia with Kathleen Haak, Dr. Monty McInturff shares his experience with pro-stride for chronic neck pain and the ADS annual meeting goes virtual. Listen in.... HORSES IN THE […]
- FEI Single Driver Taylor Braddish, New Dressage Tests and Tui-na for Oct. 1, 2020 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on October 1, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Driving Episode: FEI single driver, Taylor Braddish is on the road to the World Championship with Katydid Dutchess, Carriages 101 with Kathleen Haak and Keady Cadwell helps us learn the new dressage tests. Plus, Dr. Tom Hutchins shares his experience with Pro-Stride to keep our horses & […]
- Driving Episode: Mad Max with Horses, Driving with CP and Pro-Stride for the Win for Sept 3, 2020 by Pro-Strideby Horse Radio Network on September 9, 2020 at 10:36 pm
This months Driving show is all about family, Kathleen Haak interviews Ben Turner who is encouraging kids to drive in post-apocalyptic fashion and longtime listener & author Jake Keeling shares how horses influenced his life living with cerebral palsy. Plus did you know Keady & Randy […]
- Driving Episode: Meet the New Mayor of Black Prong Equestrian Center, Paxi - Uber for Animals, and the Story of Joseph S Kemp, The Father of Manure Spreaders for Aug 6, 2020by Horse Radio Network on September 9, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Driving Episode: Can you believe summer is almost over. Are you are thinking about Florida this winter ? Clayton Bratcher is here to share the upgrades to Black Prong Equestrian Village, Kathleen Haak introduces us to the father of the manure spreader, American Driving Society's rule chairwoman, […]
- Driving Episode: Driving Llamas and Tandems for July 2, 2020by Horse Radio Network on September 9, 2020 at 10:30 pm
Need some excitement this summer? Why not try tandem driving or better yet driving llamas! Vicki Sundberg of the Southern States Llama Association shares the joys of llama driving, we talk tandem driving with Paul Van Sickle, Kathleen Haak talks about shafts, Keady Cadwell shares her Tremont […]
- Driving Episode: National Carriage Driving Month, Mike Zeatta and Sports Injuries for May 7, 2020by Horse Radio Network on May 7, 2020 at 5:41 pm
Driving Episode: Its National Carriage Driving Month so we are celebrating carriage driving, collecting and even some political history. Kathleen Haak's special guest is Judge EG Moody, a longtime CAA board member who made National Carriage Month official, Mike Zeatta of Antique Carriages shares a […]
- ADS Update, Live Oak Changes, Easter Egg Hunts and Pandemic Prep for March 5, 2020by Horse Radio Network on March 18, 2020 at 3:54 am
Driving Episode: American Driving Society President, Dan Rosenthal, talks about the recent agreement with the US Equestrian, we go on an Easter Egg Hunt with Kathleen Haak, Keady Cadwell talks about changes at Live Oak International and its Pandemic season again so on the TCVM Segment we talk about […]
- Goliath the Fire Horse, On the Carriage, Live Oak and the Yin and Yangby Horse Radio Network on February 6, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Kathleen Haak tells the story Goliath, the hero of the Great Baltimore fire of 1904. Glenn does an interview on a carriage, pulled by a pair of Clydesdales, with Heather and David Schneider and Keady Cadwell gives us tips about how to beat those winter blues in your training and we preview Live […]
- Driving: Winter in Aiken, Santa's Sleigh, Training Hills and Moderation in Everything for Jan. 2, 2020by Horse Radio Network on January 2, 2020 at 11:44 pm
Good bye Nursing Homes, Tracey Higgins fills us in on her retirement community for equestrians in Aiken, Keady Cadwell shares how to train hills and we find out the nuts and bolts of Santa's sleigh with Kathleen Haak. Plus, Dr. Wendy speaks about how to achieve balance and moderation in everything. […]
- Driving Revisit: Food Therapy, Goals, Standing Still, Florida Whips and Navigator Training for 12-05-2019by Horse Radio Network on December 5, 2019 at 6:50 pm
REVISIT: The first Driving Episode of HITM with Dr. Wendy and Glenn. The training tip with Keady Cadwell of Tremont Farm covers setting goals and standing still, we learn about the Florida Whips, learning to navigate and Abbey from the American Driving Society. Plus, the Traditional Chinese […]
- Driving: Gold Medalist Mary Phelps, Chicago Carriages, Hunting Vehicles and Friesians for Nov. 7, 2019by Horse Radio Network on November 7, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Team USA's newest Gold Medalist, Mary Phelps recaps the Pony World Championship, Tony Troyer tells us how we can support fellow carriage drivers in Chicago and on "Carriages 101" Kathlene Haak introduces us to hunting vehicles. Plus, on the Tremont Training segment we learn about prepping young […]
- 5th Annual Holiday Radiothon Special Preview by State Line Tackby Horse Radio Network on November 4, 2019 at 12:00 am
A special preview of the 5th Annual 12 Hour Live Holiday Radiothon by State Line Tack on Dec. 2nd with over 20 hosts, 20 guests and over $5,000 in prizes. Listen in...
- Driving: New Driven Dressage Tests, Horse Driven Hearses and Tui-na Therapy for Oct 3, 2019 by Horseloverzby Horse Radio Network on October 3, 2019 at 3:36 pm
Carriages 101 introduces us to horse driven hearses, American Driving Society President, Dan Rosenthal gives us a sneak preview of the new driven dressage tests and Dr. John Langlois, in the TCVM segment, shows us how to help our horses with Tui-na therapy. Listen in...
- History of Mini and Pony Carts, CBD Oil for Horses and Making Lists for Sept. 5, 2019by Horse Radio Network on September 5, 2019 at 7:41 pm
Driving Episode: We look at mini and pony carriages in Carriages 101, the Traditional Chinese Medicine Segment is on CBD oil and the Tremont Training Tip is on making lists and getting organized. Listen in...
- Presidential Carriages, Chelsie Sievers Pony Pair, Driving Posture and Anhidrosis for July 22, 2019by Horse Radio Network on August 1, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Listener Chelsie Sievers about her amazing pony pair, Carriages 101 introduces us to the presidential carriages, the Tremont Training Tip is on proper driving posture and the TCVM segment is what to do if your horse stops sweating in this summer heat wave. Listen in....
- The Life and Times of Dr. Wendy Ying for July 4, 2019by Horse Radio Network on July 4, 2019 at 9:00 pm
It’s all about Dr Wendy Ying this episode. Glenn puts Wendy on the hot seat to tell her life story. And, a colorful life it has been. Listen in…
- What to Wear, Latest from ADS, Foal Diarrhea and Driving Cones for June 6, 2019by Horse Radio Network on June 6, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Driving Episode: We chat with American Driving Society President and Dartmoor pony driver Dan Rosenthal, on Carriages 101, Kathleen Haak helps us get ready for the pleasure show season, our TCVM topic is about foal diarrhea and Keady Cadwell helps us drive cones like a girl....NO BALLS! Listen […]
- Wheelchair Accessible Carts, Carriage Wheels, Laminitis and Pleasure Classes for May 2, 2019by Horse Radio Network on May 2, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Simon Mulholland from Ponyaxes tells us all about his all terrain wheelchair accessible carriages, Kathleen Haak covers wheels on Carriages 101, Keady Cadwell helps us get ready for a pleasure driving show and on the TCVM segment, TCVM Elaine Lockhead from Thinline Global give us some great […]
- CBD Oil for Horses, Picking a Carriage, Fitting a Harness, Greyhound Adoptions and the New Owner of Black Prong for April 4, 2019by Horse Radio Network on April 4, 2019 at 9:00 pm
We chat with Scott Compton with Gold Coast Greyhound adoptions, Reid Nagel, the proud new owner of Black Prong Equestrian Center, Keady Cadwell shares her Tremont Training Tip and on the TCVM segment, Rodger McFarland from Green Flower Botanicals answers questions about CBD oil for horses. Listen […]
- Irish Carts, Chester Weber, Bram Chardon, Arthritis and Auctioning Black Prong for Mar. 7, 2019by Horse Radio Network on March 7, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Its Live Oak Time! Chester Weber joins us to preview the excitement this weekend. Plus, we chat with World Cup Champion Bram Chardon, Alan Aulson showcases the Black Prong Equestrian Center Auction and Kathleen Haak covers Irish Carts on Carriages 101. And on the TCVM segment, Dr. Wendy talks […]
- Physics of Modern Carriage Driving, Driving Bits 101, Horse Behavior and Sleigh Jousting for Feb. 7, 2019by Horse Radio Network on February 7, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Kent Brownridge explains the physics of modern carriage driving, Keady Cadwell shares her knowledge of driving bits, and Dr Wendy talks about Horse Behavior. Plus, On Carriages 101, Kathleen Haak covers Bob Sleighs & Ring Jousting and Barry Dickinson is back with Bells on! Listen in....
- All About Trends, Trends in Driving, Training, Fashion and Podcasts and the Goulash Cannon for Jan. 3, 2019by Horse Radio Network on January 3, 2019 at 10:00 pm
In our first Driving Episode of 2019 we are talking about trends...trends in driving, training, fashion and podcasts. Katie Whaley of "Hats by Katie" talks about hats and fashion, Keady Cadwell fills us in on the new 2019 combined driving rules, Katheen Haak discusses the Goulash Cannon and on the […]
- Sleighs 101, a Champion Named Scooter, Evolution of the Horse and the Carriage Murders for Dec. 6, 2018by Horse Radio Network on December 6, 2018 at 10:00 pm
We chat with author, Nancy Gaultier about her latest murder mystery novel set in the carriage driving community, Dwayne Pash tells us about his big win at the American Driving Society's Intermediate Championship with his horse Scooter, and we preview the Carriage Association of America's Annual […]
- Special Preview of 4th Annual Holiday Radiothon by Weatherbeetaby Horse Radio Network on November 3, 2018 at 9:00 pm
A special preview of the 4th Annual 12 Hour Live Holiday Radiothon by Weatherbeeta on Nov. 26th with over 20 hosts, 20 guests and over $4,000 in prizes. Listen in….
- Driving Goats, Skijoring with Dogs, Cooking for Dogs and Turmeric for November 1st, 2018by Horse Radio Network on November 1, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Dr. Wendy is teaching this week so we picked out a few segments from the past that we think you will enjoy and most of you have not heard. We are going to start out with a couple of unusual interviews for you - the first is from Team Snazzy Goat who join us to talk about driving Cashmere Goats and […]
- Martin's Auction, WEG, Driving Tandem in England, Dog Carts and EIA and Dr. Coggins for October 4th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on October 4, 2018 at 9:00 pm
British Pony Tandem driver Jeffery Ormond, Karen Martin previews the Martins Fall Carriage Auction, Keady Cadwell shares her Tremont Training Tip, Kathleen Haak explains the dog cart and on the TCVM segment, Dr. Oscar Fletcher covers everything you need to know about Equine Infectious Anemia and […]
- WEG Special for September 22nd, 2018 – Driving Marathonby Horse Radio Network on September 23, 2018 at 8:00 am
Glenn and Wendy cover the exciting Driving Marathon. and Wendy recounts how she ended up on NBC TV!
- WEG Special – Driving Dressage Plus Para, Vaulting and USA Gold in Jumping for September 22nd, 2018by Horse Radio Network on September 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Woooohooooooo USA wins Jumping Gold so Ann Glavin and Erin Gilmore stop by to help us with the recap, Krista Mack has the latest from Vaulting plus Katie Jackson and Charlotte Merle-Smith take us through the Para Team Medal round. Chester Weber, Misdee Wrigley Miller and, Jimmy Fairclough all […]
- Ellanor and Kabam, Buggies 101, Tendon Issues, Driving with Help and a Look at WEG for September 6th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on September 6, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Driving episode with a driving pony turned dressage champ, CAA Carriage 101 looks at buggies, Tremont Training Tip is on the importance of help in the carriage, the TCVM segment looks at tendon injuries, Sonja Scharf of Hoefnet highlights the European driving teams for WEG and Marc Johnson with […]
- Cones Exercises, TCVM Dr. Cheryl Schwartz, Villa Louis Carriage Classic and Team USA Para Driver Tracy Bowman for August 2nd, 2018by Horse Radio Network on August 2, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Keady's training tip on driving rounder circles and straighter lines with the help of cones exercises and the TCVM segment brings us Dr. Cheryl Schwartz , the author of 4 Paws, 5 Directions, the text book of 5 element theory for animals. Plus, Team USA Para Driver Tracy Bowman and Mike Rider of […]
- Driving in a Group, Safety Vests, Carriage Classic, Non-Sweating and Meadowbrooks 101 for July 5th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on July 5, 2018 at 9:00 pm
This month's training tip is learning to drive in a group, the ADS segment is on driving vests and the results of Brandywine Valley Driving Camp and Katie Whaley tells us all about the Lexington Carriage Classic and driving tandem. Plus, the Carriage Association of America starts a Monthly […]
- Food Therapy, Goals, Standing Still, Florida Whips and Navigator Training for June 7th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on June 7, 2018 at 9:00 pm
The first Driving Episode of HITM with Dr. Wendy and Glenn. The training tip with Keady Cadwell of Tremont Farm covers setting goals and standing still, we learn about the Florida Whips, learning to navigate and Abbey from the American Driving Society. Plus, the Traditional Chinese Medicine […]
- Driving Radio Show is Moving for May 17th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on May 17, 2018 at 9:00 pm
A big announcement today...the Driving Radio Show is moving! Listen in...
- Tryon Test Event and New Therapies for Chronic Disease for May 2nd, 2018by Horse Radio Network on May 2, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Misdee Wrigley Miller tells us all about the WEG Test Event at Tryon Equestrian Center and Prisca Boris tells us about Bemer therapy, which stimulates the micro-circulation to relieve pain. Listen in...
- Purina Animal Health, Live Oak Singles Champ Jacob Arnold, Trauma Void EQ3 Helmet for April 11th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on April 11, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Jacob Arnold joins us after his win of the FEI Single Horse Division at Live Oak International and we take a look at the brand new helmet technology in the Trauma Void EQ3 Helmet. Listen in...
- Lyme in People and Horses, the Latest for March 29th, 2018by Horse Radio Network on March 29, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Special Lyme Disease Episode. Lyme affects horse people more than most groups, people and horses. Wendy and Glenn speak with Dorothy Leland of LymeDisease.org about what the status of the decease is today and have we seen any improvements in diagnosis and treatment over the last 5 years in […]